|Land Holdings||656 net sections|
|Production (Q3/2022)||16,000 boe/d|
- Baytex entered the Viking area in August 2018, following a strategic combination with Raging River Exploration Inc.
- Assets are located in the greater Dodsland area in southwest Saskatchewan and in the Esther area of southeast Alberta
- Produce light oil (36° API) from the Viking formation, primarily from the hydraulic fracturing of horizontal wells
- The asset generates a strong operating netback and are characterized by shallow wells with short cycle times
- Expect to bring ~144 net wells on production in 2023